Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Red Beetle-Insect Invasion

     This year as you all know we had a mild winter.  That means for some reason that the garden pests of the insect world got a stay of execution from mother nature.  They are coming full force in droves on plants with no prejudice.

     One specific insect that I just found new knowledge of is the lily beetle.

All the information is in the first part of the link


Never experienced this pest before but then again, not a big fan of Asiatic Lilies but its a good thing to know.
I used Seven insecticide which worked before the damage was done at Louie's Garden.
Even spotted them on my Gardner Lake Lilies. 

My Zinnia, Sunflowers, and basically every seedling I have started from seed and planted has been nibbled on by some sort of insect.  Been spraying everything to nip this one in the bud.
   

No comments: