Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Transplanting very young seedlings

     Certain seeds are too small in my opinion to be germinated individually in pots.  A few examples are columbine, nicotiana, and foxglove.  If you have enough seeds collected from last year or in stock I just sprinkle 5-15 seeds in each starting seed pot or container.  Here I did my demonstration with Iron weed seedlings.
     

When they look like this after germination its time for transplanting

  I just pull them out with a small fork and gently separate like below picture



    I take a peat pot tray, fill it with seed starting soil and create a small hole with any dowel like object of any kind so you can just slip tiny seedling into hole, tuck soil around new seedling, and this is next step to the baby plant growing mature.
Water gently after planting new seedlings in peat pots





 

No comments: