Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Morning glory seeds

     Within the past month I just broad casted numerous morning glory seeds in two different gardens in different garden zones.  Both have turned up positive for germination and these seeds were put into soil back in late march for experimental purposes. The rate was low at this point for germination but never the less, it worked up to now. I am going to guess that those other seeds after all the rain we just received will germinate.
     I also broad casted a bunch of half hardy seeds just before all the rain we got last week.  I did this with Four o'clock s, zinnia and cosmos that were thrown and raked into soil, so we shall see.

The Cosmos germinated and came up.
I am starting three different varieties of morning glories tomorrow after soaking the seeds over night in shot glasses, yes in water not liquor.

The varieties are Picotee Blue, Grandpa Ott, and Heavenly Blue.

If interested in seedlings let me know. 
Free of course
 

No comments: