Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spring Planting Update

I have been busy away with planting and experimenting with seeds I have collected last Fall
Looks to be somewhat of a success with the germination rates that I have.
For starters I saved some purple pole bean pods which I dried at room temp on a clay dish. Nothing fancy.
Planted six seeds and all six are about 4 inches high already well into their secondary leave stage.
I have last years zinnia seeds which I can imagine have been cross pollinated by the bees so lets see what new colors I get. They all germinated rather quickly in days.
I took some Baptisia seeds off a golf course last year and you can see how they are all doing along with a variety of coreopsis from seeds took walking around my neighborhood.
This salvia I started actually last fall and made it through the winter on my deck in a starter seed tray. I forgot the variety, have to go back to nursery where I took the seeds from. 

 I don't need no arms around me
And I don't need no drugs to calm me.
I have seen the writing on the wall.
Don't think I need anything at all.
No! Don't think I'll need anything at all.

-R-W

No comments: