Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Transplanting seedlings

You can see these guys need a bigger home.
 These seedlings are Butterfly Weed

Here are fool proof instructions when your transplanting immature perennial plants.
 I popped seedlings out of tray cells by pushing from underneath each specific cell.

I will also cut around cell with utility scissors to free up root system if plant is being stubborn with wanting to come out.

You can see what a healthy root ball for a seedling should look like.




 I just basically use a simple method to get the new plant in a bigger pot.
this method is to fill in bottom of new pot with soil then place root ball in center of new pot.
I fill in around edges with potting soil then water well.
I place them in a greenhouse for a week or so to nurse them back in case of the seedlings going into shock.




No comments: