Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

"Perennial" weeds

I enjoy my Perennials, but there a few that have become such a nuisance, I feel the yard is doomed when they are introduced.

Rose campion, gloriosa daisy, and non hybrid achillea flower are the "Big Three".  They are growing within grass on front lawn and anywhere else.

   Gloriosa Daisies


 Rose Campion


 achillea flower
                                                                           



On the other hand,  perennials that I like that take over are bishops weed, bee balm, evening primrose, forget-me-nots, columbine, creeping jenny to name a few.  


BTW if you like these flowers, I have them in bulk at no cost.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how it can differ from one yard to another, I struggled to get rose campion to survive in my hard and I finally found a spot it likes. Yet I have creeping jenny growing into my yard. Yarrow hasn't been a problem for me either but I have this little daisy that has jumped over my rock wall and is populating the yard. There is usually at least one plant a year I decide I can't handle the spreading of and I campaign against it. Campanula Cherry Bells is evil and I may never be rid of it. Bernie