Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mint Garnish Propagation

     I recently dined at a restaurant and kept the mint garnish from an entree. I brought it home and submerged the stem in water for about 3 weeks in a well-lit area inside. You can see the root development and now its ready to be potted. 





 I potted the seedlings in a rich potting soil mix and I will transfer them out into my unheated greenhouse. The seedling should make its way to a mature plant as long its given some TLC.




I have just found out from my father this same method can be done discretely by pinching off shoots growing off tomato plants at certain large home supply stores where the plants displayed. 

You can see here in below photo I just stuck the two sprigs in a shot glass and will wait for roots to develop for transplanting.



 

No comments: