Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creeping Phlox Pictures

This first Picture was taken last year May 3, 2011



























Next picture is same location taken April 19, 2012
You can see how with this crazy spring we had with how everything is thrown off.
Top left azalea in first picture hasn't even bloomed yet but blooming in below one. Yet all creeping phlox is fading in below picture, two full weeks ahead of normal time.   



This is what the results are after planting a small amount of this plant two full seasons ago.  I remember it just being a one gallon pot I bought on a discount rack.

 This is the same case with my Kerria which I am comparing last years pictures.
This picture was taken April 29th, 2011 in full bloom.  You can see in recent posts I have entered that this same plant's flowers have faded already.

If you were hit with that frost we received which I warned about in late march you would have noticed a great decrease in blooms from lilac plants.    



  

No comments: