Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cold spell preventative measures

     Here is Just a couple of ways we protected vulnerable shrubs and trees from the brisk cold that will be coming tonight.   I also covered a few Lilacs with flower buds, as well as some PJM Rhodos ready to burst.
   
     Took in all my trays of perennial seeds indoors just to be safe as well.

     I covered my two year old Kerria ready to bloom this coming week with some towels that are about to be donated to the animal shelter by my mom. 



     For some of you, we all know who this character is, my Dad.  Smart move by protecting these prized grafted cut leaf maples all budded out.  Kid you not, they are worth their weight in gold and older than me.   
     He later took a journey to Home Depot to get more tarps for the peach trees in bloom.  Wouldn't want the insects to starve this year because that's the only purpose those peach trees serve.

No comments: