Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ironweed Seedlings- started early spring

Update on those Iron weed seedlings I started back in the spring.

They are all about a foot or so tall now and even have tiny flower buds on them.
This is the one plant I am pleased to have success with growing from seed.
My mature plant where i got the seeds from is now over 9 1/2 feet high now.
I will take a picture when its flowering in a few weeks to show how enormous this plant gets.

Here is a pic I just took using my Aunt Catherine for scale.
I measured it at this time just at 10 feet high. There are a few flowers that are just popping out.
Iron weed plant is in center of photo.

I added another couple of pictures below of some tall sunflowers and ornamental grass in her yard.
Very serious she looks standing with her grass.


Here are the sunflowers still growing as we speak.

 


No comments: