Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Deck Plants

I have quite the variety of deck plants and here are just a few pictures with some descriptions and maintenance required for having a healthy container garden.

My deck gets really hot so watering is a huge element to keeping plants happy.
I used to just water out of a can but with so many plants and the time that it takes I just hooked up a garden hose and its a lot faster.  I have a spray nozzle which has a "flood" setting and I water at the base of all the plants rather than just spraying them.  Just a preference I have.
I feed my plants with a little miracle grow by sprinkling it on the soil prior to watering.  This can be done once every few weeks.
I did used Miracle Grow potting soil but that seems not to be enough to really boost the plants.
 If you are in the area swing by and check it out.

Below photo is just some random herbs in front, zinnia in the middle with tomato plants, dahlias, and so many other various varieties to many to be mentioned   

Morning Glories going crazy now, ran extra string to guide them.
 Zinnia with a sunflower mixed in.
































No comments: