Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Lasdon Park Arboretum and Veterans Memorial

  




     In my travels going east and west for the past 5 years going to and fro from my Brother's house in Putnam Valley I have passed numerous times in Somers on Route 35 a Westchester County Park which seemed to me just to be an open field. On this past Saturday in early March I decided to kill some time and after making that turn in up the windy road to my surprise its a Horticulturists paradise with a Military Historical twist. I wont talk much about it because I would like you to experience the surprise i got. You can find all the details about this park on www.westchestergov.com.  I can see you easily spending half the day when the weather starts getting nicer.

Witch hazel already in full bloom.


 Calluna in full bloom
Top Picture and two following Pics



Winter setting of a traditional English Garden

This is the trail introduction which if you are not moved by then your patriotism should be checked at the front gate



No comments: